Friday, May 14, 2010

Panini Madness!

So my good friend Justin mentioned that if I really wanted to make my "work from home" days the best, well, I had to get a panini press.  Lo and behold, but the other day, newegg.com had a sale on this bad boy, and now, well, I have my very own panini press/griddle.  So, on Thursday, Caitlin usually goes to her mom's for dinner so it was just me, so I broke out the new hot-ness and fired up the panini press!  I threw together 2 pieces of Oatnut bread, some sliced chicken breast (I tend to cook an extra chicken breast every week or so and chop it up and leave in the fridge for sandwiches or salads or whatever), bacon, sharp cheddar, avocado, and I took a couple tablespoons of regular mayo and added some ground chipotle to it for a little spice and threw it all on the panini press on medium heat and 90 seconds later, mmmmm, deliciously pressed hot sandwich!  Add in a cup of the chicken soup from a few days ago and well, it's like going to Panera only much better and I didn't have to leave the house. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment